Sunday, October 19, 2008

DIY Tip #5: DIY Wedding Paraphernalia

A Filipino wedding incorporates lovely and meaningful details into the ceremony. I wanted my wedding vows to have the same personal and warm touch that all the others details had threaded through them. And so, I sought out to find the best.

Veil and Cord. Most bridal gown packages include this in the price. However, I wanted to ensure that my cord and veil were as thought-out and beautiful as all the other aspects of the wedding. Carolina's was my choice for the wedding cord: it was classic, sturdy, and evoked a vintage mood. And it only cost me Php69.00! The veil, on the other hand, was made from the same tulle as my wedding veil, which was a embroidered illusion tulle in stark white. The photo above shows the final effect.
Total cost: Php69.00



Rings and Arrhae. Pillows toted by little tots were not my thing. I had my six-year-old cousin as the ring and coin bearer, and wanted something different for him to carry. Since I wanted to keep with the theme of classic-vintage meets modern-classic, I brainstormed for ideas. Thanks to Simple Joys, one of my favorite shops, I was able to come up with this: a mini jewelry box in the wedding colors. I got the silver filigree from the free hair ornament that came with my wedding gown package (I used a vintage-like hairpiece instead, which my mom selected for me.). The ribbon was from my personal ribbon stock, which didn't cost me anything at all! I used double sided tape to attach the ribbon to the box, and affixed the pink bow and silver filigree with glue gun.
Total cost: P249.00 (cost of the jewelry box only)

0 comments: