Thursday, March 27, 2008

DIY Step 2: Make a Check List

I am the to-do list person. So naturally a wedding to-do list was on my mind as soon as I said "yes" when my fiance proposed. I needed to know what I had to do so that all the aspects of the wedding would be covered.

I logged on to theknot.com for starters, since I had their book (one of the most valuable resources ever). Once you register on the website, you can create your own online wedding planner. It's really convenient, because someone else has done the thinking for you, hehehe! Since The Knot is an American site, I just took bits and pieces from the checklist that applied to me and discarded the rest. I created an Excel file for the checklist, and updated it as necessary.

Great tools to try:

The Knot Wedding Planner. You can create your online To Do list, which allows you to prioritize your events as needed. You can opt to receive emails to remind you of your current "to do," which is great. Plus, I just love the whole flavor and convenience of theknot.com! (Free)

EZ Wedding Planner. This is similar to what you'd find on the previous planner option, however this includes a TON of other items, including the groom's responsibilities. You can even input when you want to be reminded for your hair test, next facial, or even when your groom needs to have his haircut! As for looks, well, you can always copy-paste the list onto a word processor if you can't take moving gifs, hehehe. (Free)

Modern Wedding Planner.
This takes the cake. You can even include your budgets in this one, and it has a built-in finance tracker and balance sheet which you can conveniently update. It's going to cost you though (around US$ 20 for the download).

0 comments: