Thursday, March 27, 2008

DIY Step 1: Get Inspired for Your Wedding

I have always wanted to get married. I was the type of girl who had her wedding planned out by the time she was eleven. I had a mental scrapbook of what I wanted my ideal wedding to be. So when I started planning what I wanted my wedding to look like, I started to browse and scour magazines and the Internet.

I knew what I wanted initially, and so I made a list:

1. Outdoor, garden
2. Shades of pink, blush, cream and chocolate (my favorite colors, incidentally. Your favorite colors can be your theme.)
3. Sweetness and lightness (the overall tone and mood)
4. Characteristic of me and my fiance: I didn't want anything that seemed to contrived or thought-out. I just wanted a look and feel that was distinctly "us": a mix of the girly-vintage-inspired me, and the fun-loving-carefree personality of my fiance.

Inspiration boards were an excellent launching pad for me; I must have browsed through hundreds. The ones I liked best were on stylemepretty.com, such as this board here. It really made the overall brainstorming a lot easier!

0 comments: